Changes for the Explain-- DTD, version 1.2
8th March 2002
Changes between versions
(Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:28:15):
- The databaseInfo element's title and
description subelements are now repeatable.
- The title element is now used in various other places
as well as in databaseInfo.
- The indexInfo element may now contain any sequence of
zero or more index or sortKeyword
subelements. (Previously there had to be at least one
- The index element may now contain a single optional
name subelement, and zero or more title and
map subelements. (Previously, it had a single
optional indexTitle, a single optional
indexType and zero or more maps.)
To say the same thing a different way, the indexTitle
element is dropped, and title is re-used in its place;
name is introduced; and indexType is
dropped, largely because no-one except Rob understood what it
- The map element's attributeset attribute is
renamed attributeSet (with a capital S).
- All of the old elements that represented particular kinds of
search attributes have gone away, to be replaced by a single
unified new attr element. So we've lost:
Now that's what I call simplification!
- The new attr element has a mandatory type
attribute and an attributeSet attribute which
defaults to ``BIB1''.
- The format element is renamed to the less ambiguous
- The elementset element is renamed to the more
canonical elementSet (with a capital S).
- The elementSet element now has a mandatory
name attribute and contains a title
subelement instead of #CDATA.